Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seal hearts, seal hearts, eat them up, yum!

As you may or may not have heard, Governor General Michelle Jean took a trip to sunny Nunavut to indulge in some delicious seal heart with the natives as a sign of solidarity and support for their ancient cultural practices. Good for her. I support our First Nations in maintaining their culture, you know, considering all the shit white people have put them through for the last 500 years or so.
HOWEVER, as usual, PETA has their panties in a bunch over this. Dan Matthews of PETA thinks Jean is indulging in "bloodlust," and all I can think of is Jean salivating, knife and fork in hand while maniacally staring at the plate of seal heart in front of her, while her panties are wet. Matthews went on to say that "it sounds like she's trying to give Canadians an even more Neanderthal image around the world than they already have." Honestly, Daniel, that's just stupid of you. It sounds like he's trying to give PETA an even more extremist image than they already have. Yet, Matthews goes on to say that himself and PETA are only interested in the commercial hunt of seals and that he acknowledges the cultural significance of the native seal hunt. That I can agree with, even though he's being an idiotic hypocrite.
The article I got this information from is written with an obvious intent to discredit PETA, and since I always agree with the Toronto Star, I may be biased. So tell me what you think of all this and leave me a comment.
[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment