Sunday, May 24, 2009

Links

Here are some links that serve as an introduction to who I am and what I'm all about. Periodically I'll share links to websites, videos and articles that I find interesting (and so should you!).

"Money For Nothing" is probably one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. Plus it features a bunch of really cool people like Ani DiFranco and Michael Franti. It's pretty much about how corrupt the music industry is (and how!). Here's a taste. If you get a chance, check out the other snippets of "Challanging Media" videos via YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FktWXipU6HU

Jezebel is a blog from the Gawker network catering to a (mostly) female audience by publishing articles which interest educated, modern (read: feminist) women. Topics include politics, news, sex, celebrities, and fashion. But don't be fooled, this isn't Cosmopolitan (it's actually pretty anti-Cosmopolitan). But check it out for yourself. And don't skip over "Pot Psychology," it's a riot.

I hate how modern society operates and have an (undiagnosed) anxiety disorder. One of them is symptomatic of the other, but I'm not sure which. Anxiety Culture has helped me negotiate this. Fun and informative articles that investigate how we're manipulated by the system and the media, that working is for suckers, managing your emotions, and more.

When I'm feeling down, or immature, or grotesque I turn to Cyanide and Happiness to help me accept that being weird is a good thing.

And if this is not enough and you feel like being creepy, check me out on Stumble Upon. I stumble a lot, especially while procrastinating or being unemployed. If I stumble across anything interesting I'll definitely post it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment